Saturday, December 20, 2014

injaynesworld "A Light Burns..."


Upon a steep hill, not far away
A twinkling light shone through the trees’ sway
It was strangely enticing
I tried to resist
If I failed to return
Would I even be missed?

And so onward I went, each foot deep in snow
Yet the light kept retreating as if telling me “no”
I don't understand!
I screamed through the dark
I’ve been walking for hours!
Yet my feet had left no mark

It was true; behind me the path smooth as cream
I wondered aloud, am I trapped in a dream?
Then a voice spoke out
So gentle and clear
The light which you seek
Is clouded by fear

Before me a glow of such brightness I fell
Look inside, my child; you’ve a story to tell
A story?  But no one listens to me.
To all those who search for a light from above
My message through you is simple
Go forth in love

Be a beacon for others and you’ll not lack a friend
For no light burns brighter than that from within
There is nothing to fear
That you don’t self-create
Choose faith over darkness
Love over hate


May the light that is Christmas burn bright in your heart all through the year.  Merry Christmas, my friends. 

blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails