Thursday, August 5, 2010

injaynesworld celebrates "Its One Year Blogoversary..."

 
Which means it’s lasted longer than any dating relationship I’ve ever had.   It would appear that listening to me spout off in my highly-opinionated, bleeding-heart liberal way is just not for everyone.  Go figure…

Then there’s you – my amazing, talented, witty and clearly masochistic readers who keep coming back for more.  Apparently, I’m easier to take when one knows an escape from my verbal onslaught is just a click away and you didn’t have to buy me dinner.

I had no specific plan or agenda when I started "injaynesworld."   I just wanted the freedom to write whatever came into my head and so it became an eclectic collection of everything from politics to private parts with the only guiding rule being “nothing is sacred.”  

Whether my words would interest anyone beyond the friends and family who I would unrelentingly harass to read them was anyone’s guess, but I hoped they would because a writer needs an audience.  We need to know that our words matter – that they’ve entertained or enlightened – that in some small way we’ve touched lives and made a difference. 

You have all made a huge difference in my life.  You each inspire me on a daily basis in your own unique way.  You’ve encouraged me, laughed with me, and supported me in my little venture here and I am very grateful.  

I thought it would be fun to do a giveaway just to say “thank you” and so I’m having a drawing for a $25 Amazon gift certificate.  I wish it could be more and I wish I could give something to each of you who have made this year so rewarding for me, but the economy is still kicking my ass.  There are no hoops to jump through.   You need only to be a follower and leave a comment.   One entry per person, please.   Entries close Saturday at 6:00 p.m. and then I’ll toss all the comments into a random drawing program and announce the winner in my “Sunday Recap” which, come hell or high water, I will get written this week.

Again, thanks so much for taking this journey with me.  I can’t wait to see what year two brings…
                                           
                
blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails