Tuesday, December 22, 2009

injaynesworld we go to "Santa School..."



Becoming Santa involves much more than a tubby tummy, facial hair and the ability to ho, ho, ho…

At the Charles W. Howard Santa School in Midland, Michigan, wannabe Santas have been arriving every October since 1937 to learn how to transform themselves into the Santa of a child’s dreams.   The curriculum includes everything from movement and voice, to trips to toy stores to brush up on what are sure to be this year’s most requested items, but the one thing that can’t be taught is the Spirit of Santa and that’s what each of these students brings with them in their hearts. 




As we grow older, our belief in so much fades.   I remember trying to hold on so hard.  Till well into my teens I would have my picture taken with Santa and give that photo to my mom.  

It’s said that Christmas is for children and certainly that’s true, but every Christmas Eve when I go to bed I still listen for the sound of sleigh bells… and sometimes I even hear them.  

May your Christmas be merry and bright.

                                                           
If you leave a comment you, too, may hear sleigh bells...

blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails