Thursday, December 31, 2009

injaynesworld we are "Kickin' 2009 To The Curb..."


This past year was one of the roughest I can recall for just about everyone except health insurance company CEOs, but don’t get me started on that… I doubt I’m alone when I say “Hey, 2009 -- Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.”  One bright spot for me, however, was getting my writing mojo back after a long absence. 

Having spent so many years writing for television where it’s not uncommon for one’s efforts to never reach any kind of audience, being able to have a forum for my work and a readership that would actually respond and interact has been like Christmas morning every day. 

Some of you have been here from the beginning and visit on a regular basis, others drop by from time to time, still others have done drive-by’s, never to be heard from again.  But slowly, steadily, more tiny heads have begun to sprout in my sidebar and for that I am truly grateful.   You make it possible for me to do what I love second only to being on the back of a horse and that is to write.   I’ve said it before… A writer needs an audience.

As is tradition this time of year, I thought I’d break open the vault and dust off a few of my personal favorites of 2009.



Out of My Hands tells of the time I fell off my cute new red high heels and broke my neck.   No, really.   I broke my freakin’ neck.  

The Reluctant Traveler or… Hell No, I Won’t Go – and this was written before the crazy Nigerian burned his balls off on Christmas.  

Solo At Sixty weaves a somewhat embellished tale featuring a flirtation with tattoos and my fascination with bag ladies.

Birthers and Deathers and Liars – Oh My! was my first political rant wherein I kick some serious butt and take no prisoners.  

Some Apps We’d Really Like to See, starting with one that makes me a Margarita.

Finally, The Economy Is Kicking My Ass is something I think everyone will relate to. 

If you like what you read, look around some more.   Take your time.   No one’s going to turn out the lights and lock you in.   You’ll find wine and cheese in the fridge.   Extra toilet paper’s in the hall closet in case it runs out.    Meanwhile, I’ll be off watching Kathy Griffin humiliate Anderson Cooper on CNN again this year. 


Wishing you all a very Happy New Year from me, Dixie and Mason.  


If you leave a comment, Dixie will do the happy dance...
blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails