Thursday, October 15, 2009

injaynesworld we're feeling all "Warm and Fuzzy"...


Yours truly has received some very nice acknowledgements for my musings here at injaynesworld.    From Lucy and Jane at Four Jugs, I received the Gushy Blog Lovin’ Shout-Out of the Week, and from yet another Lucy of A Modern Day Ricky, this Lovely Blog Award.  



I’m truly stoked and humbled.  Now, don’t worry.  I’m not going to go all Sally Field on you.   But seriously, it’s really sort of nice because writing is kind of an arrogant thing to do when you think about it.    You put stuff down on paper (because I’m actually old enough to have really put stuff down on paper) and then you expect other people to read it and give a crap.   So any time someone leaves a comment or decides to publicly associate with me by placing their tiny heads in my side bar and declaring themselves one of my followers, I’m honestly excited about it.  Sad, you’re probably thinking.  The woman obviously has no life.   And you would be right...  But look at all the tiny heads I’ve collected in my side bar.  I know.  It is just a little Jeffrey Daimer-ish, isn’t it.   Still…

I often visit blogs that have hundreds of tiny heads.  One had over 1,000.  Imagine that!  I have to wonder what’re they giving away over there, free blow-jobs?   Most of those massively followed blogs seem to have a shtick, a gimmick, a target audience, while I, it would seem, am just a mish-mash of wherever my declining brain cells seem to happen to venture at any given moment.  I’ve written on everything from eloquent prose on cat poop to rants against right-wingnuts to my battles with junk mail to perfectly reasonable explanations for why I do not travel.     And yes, I am aware that making links out of those things to get you to visit other pages is shamefully manipulative, but please read them anyway.   My point, and eventually I will make one, is that I just like to write.  And writers really do need an audience.   So with all sincerity, thank you Four Jugs gals and A Modern Day Ricky’s Lucy, and everyone else who supports my addiction.  Because if a tree falls in the woods and no one’s around, it really doesn’t make a sound.


14 comments:

Best Wishes, Marie said...

what is consistent with your blog is that you are sure about what you think. many of us that are blogging are in many ways trying to find our footings in some ways. your have yours. and it is fun to sit back and watch you blast from that platform.

Jayne Martin said...

Marie: Thank you for finding such a kind way to point out that I'm an opinionated old broad who's set in her ways. ;) I appreciate your readership.

LucyCooper said...

I love your blog, Jayne- gutsy, funny and unapologetic.

Jayne Martin said...

LucyCooper:

Thank you, Lucy. And I want that cute baby's tiny head on my side bar.

Gone, long gone. said...

Yah, me too. I started mine just to babble stuff that a few friends or family might read. It's still something to mostly amuse myself, but if someone else gets a few moments of distraction then good. Obviously I don't do the right things to attract a large number of people to my blog, seeing as how I've been blogging for years and have 58 followers now. But it's no big deal, I'll keep writing until I'm done.

Jane Lively said...

ah there must be something about Lucys and Jaynes/Janes that makes the world go 'round.

:-)

http://howtobecomeacatladywithoutthecats.blogspot.com said...

My posts are like my brain... all over the place! I tend to blurt things out and hope it's not too stupid. But the real thrill is hearing from people who actually took the time to read what I had to say... like good ole Maelstrom up there above this comment! We amuse ourselves and hopefully someone else. Makes it all worthwhile!

Jayne Martin said...

Maelstrom: You sound like you have this whole blogging thing in its proper perspective. I, on the other hand, did not receive enough love as a child which has result in me becoming an unapologetic whore for attention who will perform unnatural acts for followers.

Jane: I think there's a song in that.

CatLady: Self-amusement does make it all worthwhile. Self-pleasure comes in a close second.

Contemplations of an Army Wife said...

I'm feeling un-witty today, but I will say the honors for your blog are well deserved! You rock.

Linda Medrano said...

Amen to our Dear Army Wife! You do rock!

Adam said...

Hi, Jayne, I tried to write yesterday, but my connection wasn't great. I want to congratulate you on not only one, but TWO awards! I'm very proud. And you deserve it. Your blog is spirited, insightful and funny! I love it.

Congrats!!!

Adam (mrelife.blogspot.com)

Jayne Martin said...

Sandra, Linda & Adam:

Thanks so much. Couldn't do it without such great support.

Tawnia said...

I agree you deserve the praise:) keep inspiring us with your truth of the world :)
I Love You
Tawnia

Unknown said...

im on and in action! not only on divine but on your blog site.
thank you for your help yesterday!!!!

thank you so much for letting me have the pleasure of reading your blogs!

work it sister!



Related Posts with Thumbnails