Wednesday, November 21, 2012

injaynesworld a "Thanksgiving Memory..."


It was 1961.  Four generations gathered in the San Francisco home of my cousin Barbara, her husband, and two young daughters to celebrate the holiday:  Aunts and great-aunts; grandmothers and great-grandmothers; first, second and third cousins, they were my family.  I was an only child, and happy to be part of such a big, lively tribe for the day.   The dining table extended into the living room and, in the old black-and-white movies taken at the time, my loved ones wave to me as they feasted on traditional holiday fare, forever preserved on celluloid and in my heart.

Gratitude is all attitude, as expressed beautifully in this wonderful short film.  Enjoy...





Wishing you all a Thanksgiving that is bountiful in every way. 

blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails