Wednesday, February 20, 2013

injaynesworld it's "My Cold Left Foot..."


I went to bed last night expecting it to rain.   The Weather Channel app on my computer had been very clear about it, right down to the time of arrival.  And so I drifted off to sleep fully expecting to be awakened at some point by the pleasant sound of light steady raindrops on my roof, only instead to have the oddest dream:

I was out in my garden in the dark of the night, pulling weeds in the pouring rain, while dressed in my pajamas and wearing only one shoe.  It didn’t seem to bother me in the least that I was getting drenched, and while one foot was warmly ensconced in a fleece-line rubber rain boot, the other was ankle-deep in icy mud.   However, upon awakening this morning, my first thoughts were, “Where the hell was the other shoe?” and “Why would I have such a strange dream?”  Then I remembered…

It was that damn Nicky with her diabolical “30Minus 2 Day Writing Challenge” and today’s prompt just happened to be… “the other shoe.”   I had been feeling guilty about how I’d been remiss in getting a post done for her in a few days and fearful that she would soon be “raining” her wrathful self down on my sorry (size 4) ass.  Being a recovering Catholic, an oxymoron if there ever was one, I naturally had to assuage my guilt by doing penance, thus the pulling of weeds in the cold and rain with one foot sinking into the mud no doubt on its way to a fiery hell. 

To add insult, it didn’t even rain last night – and I’m sure Nicky had something to do with that, too!

It's not too late for you to join the writing insanity.  Click the link above, pick a prompt, then post your piece on that day.  You'll meet some fun people.

blog comments powered by Disqus


Related Posts with Thumbnails